Wachtendorf

Hello,

I noticed an old thread about Wachtendorf. I have the following in my family
tree:

Anna Adelheit Wachtendorf, born 18.8.1802 in Brettorf, died 24.7.1869 in
Iserloy. Married Heinrich Einemann in Doetlingen 7.4.1825.

Her parents were Johann Dierk Wachtendorf 25.3.1764 - 18.4.1818
Simmershausen/Brettorf and Heilke Margarethe Osterloh 20.8.1773 - 22.4.1810
Brettorf.

His parents were Cord Wachtendorf who died in Simmershausen on 13.4.1789 and
Margarethe Pleus of Hollwedel 18.5.1724 - 23.1.1781. They were married in
Harpstedt on 1.12.1752.

Any connections?

Charley

Hi Charley,

I posted some queries regarding the Wachtendorf name several years ago. I checked the names I have and I do not see any connections, but that does not mean we do not share a common ancestor farther back in the 1700s. Did any of your Wachtendorfs come to America? My direct ancestor emigrated to the U.S. between 1849-1852. Thanks to Gerold Diers from this list, who put me in touch with a gentleman named Wachtendorf who was not online, I was able to obtain information on my Wachtendorf ancestors.

Please send me your email address and I will scan the information and email it to you in the next week or so. There is a lot of German text .

Mary Cervantes
Cincinnati (where we have a neighborhood still called "Over-the-Rhine" after 150 years)

tokilsaram@sbcglobal.net wrote:

Hi Mary,
I also have some Wachtendorfs in my pedigree. Just have a look on my
webside: http://www.hurrelmann-genealogie.privat.t-online.de/
Maybe something fits?
Regards
Peter Hurrelmann

Hi Peter,
Thank you, so much! I have just had a little time to scan your web site which is quite nice, by the way. I see other names associated with my Wachten dorf ancestors like Eilers and Meyers, too. I hope to have more time this weekend to explore your web site more thoroughly and will glad to send you what I have on my Wachtendorf ancestors.

Mary Cervantes

Hi Peter,
Thank you, so much! I have just had a little time to scan your web site which is quite nice, by the way. I see other names associated with my Wachtendorf ancestors like Eilers and Meyers, too. I hope to have more time this weekend to explore your web site more thoroughly and will glad to send you what I have on my Wachtendorf ancestors.

Mary Cervantes