Village in Oldenburg?

Hello List,
On a microfilm of an 1869 German-language newspaper (Cincinnati Volksfreund) I found an obituary for my gggrandmother, Catharina Vormor (1798-1869). The printing is in the old gothic-style letters and some are smeared and difficult to read. It is states that Catharina was a native of --

(?)elpe bei Bech a in Oldenburg.

My best guess on the missing first letter is "V" so perhaps it is Velpe bei Bech. It may also be Welpe, Relpe or just about anything. As for "Bech," I assume this should be "Bach," a stream or brook. Regarding the "a in," it looks like there may have been a crease in the paper there which has obscured another letter.

There is a populated place named Velpke east of Wolfsburg, but I do not know if that would have been in Oldenburg during this time period. Perhaps the "p" was left out by mistake.

I am hoping someone knowledgeable about old Oldenburg can make a better guess at the name of this village than I can.
Cheers,
Rex, in Tallahassee, 16°C and pouring rain in the Sunshine State.

The name Vornmoor, later Vormoor came from Vechta. The village Welpe is a part of Vechta In Oldenburg.
Therefore it should be "Welpe bei Vechta in Oldenburg"

I found this record:

Anna Mara Elisabeth Vornmoor, born 3.Nov.1798 in Vechta-Welpe, married 30.Jan.1816 in Vechta to Bernard Heinrich Bokop
parents:
Johann Bernard Josef Vornmoor, Heuermann in Welpe, married 31.Jul.1798 in Vechta to Anna Maria Angela Bosse

There is a notice it says, the parents emigrated about 1830 to Amerika.
A son of this, Hermann Heinrich Josef, born 28.10.1807 emigrated also to Amerika (may be the whole family) and founded with others Teutopolis, married to Lot 22.Dec.1887 in Teutopolis.
The Teutoplis history says, Henry Vormor arrived at Teutolpolis in April of 1839.

I think this help,
Werner

Thanks, Werner and Heiko. You guys are magic!

Anna Maria Elisabeth Vornmoor, born 3.Nov.1798 in Vechta-Welpe, married 30.Jan.1816 in Vechta to Bernard Heinrich Bokop
parents:
Johann Bernard Josef Vornmoor, Heuermann in Welpe, married 31.Jul.1798 in Vechta to Anna Maria Angela Bosse

Are you sure of the 1798 marriage date? Elisabeth would have been born just 3 months after they married (Not that there's anything wrong with that ;-). My Anna Maria Catharina Vornmoor was age 71 at death, 21 May 1869, so would have been born before Josef and Angela married. Catharina married Bernhard Heinrich Willenborg, probably in Oldenburg. She was in Cincinnati, 1860 census, widowed, with 3 children: Henry, Frank (cigar maker), and Lisette (Elisabeth). I know nothing about Cath.'s husband Bernhard Heinrich, have never found him anywhere.

There is a notice it says, the parents emigrated about 1830 to Amerika.
A son of this, Hermann Heinrich Josef, born 28.10.1807 emigrated also to Amerika (may be the whole family) and founded with others Teutopolis, married to Lot 22.Dec.1887 in Teutopolis.
The Teutoplis history says, Henry Vormor arrived at Teutolpolis in April of 1839.

I have 1809 as birth year for Henry and married Agnes Lot (born 1814, Oldenburg, dau. of Wilhelm and Agnes (Dates) Lot in Cincinnati during 1831-1837. They had 6 children: John, Elizabeth, Mary, Sophia, Catherine and Caroline. (all this from History of Effingham County, Illinois, 1883). Henry and Agnes were godparents for at least 4 of my Catharina's grandchildren, so they must have been related, but perhaps only as cousins.
-rex

Original message:

Dear Rex,

my source called "Vechtaer Familien" at 1930.

It is an handwritten copy of the church books of the parish Vechta. Therefore it could be that it included some faults.

Here again the whole family:

Johann Bernard Josef Vornmoor, Heuermann in Welpe (no notice about parents)
copolati 31.July 1798 in Vechta to Anna Maria Angela Bosse - emigrated about 1830 to Amerika
children:
1. Anna Maria Elisabeth, born 03.Nov.1798, cop. 30.Jan.1816 in Vechta to Bernard Heinrich Bokop
2. Maria Angela, born 12.Febr.1800, died 22.Apr.1804
3. Anna Maria Katharina, born 16.Febr.1802 cop. 28.Nov.1826 in Vechta to Bernard Heinrich Willenborg
4. Maria Gertrud, born 02.Jun.1804, cop. 12.Aug.1834 in Vechta to Bernhard Heinrich Wöhrmann
5. Hermann Heinrich Josef, born 28.Okt.1807, emigrated to Amerika cop. 22.Dec.1887 in Teutopolis to Lot
6. Karl Wolf Ulderig(?), born 04.July 1811, died 09.March 1814

It could be, that Bernhard Heinrich Willenborg came from Lohne, next town of Vechta.

I believe the Lot family came from Damme in Oldenburg.

For more details we should check the original church books, is it able for you to do it by the Mormons?

Werner

Werner, thank you so much. In response to your message quoted below: Yes, I live about 1 kilometer from an LDS Family History Center, so I will see what I can find. The information you sent is much appreciated. It makes Katharina 4 years younger, but I think this must be her -- the name is the same and her husband's name is correct. It also shows the connection to Henry Vormor of Teutopolis; he was her brother!

All of Katharina's children were born in Oldenburg. I suppose I may have to check both Vechta and Lohne church records.

Interesting -- 3 Vornmoor daughters married, and all three husbands were named Bernard Heinrich. This might have become confusing ;-). Cheers, Werner -Rex