Nielsen von Holnis Slesvig freuer als 1845

Ich suche verwanten von Christian Nielsen geb. 1840 ins Munkbrarup. Wie soll ich anfangen?

Wie wäre es mit einer Recherche in den Kirchenbüchern von Munkbrarup bei Archion!

Schöne Grüße und viel Erfolg,

Klaus

thanks for the tip-I signed up with Archion and visited Westfalen (conze) and West Prussia(Wordelmann) the problem is not able to search by name.I think I will have to study Gothic handwriting to read the documents.

Where can I find the parish covering Gluecksburg(or any other place.town)? I’ve joined the
Danish slaegt.k site too.

I need to find where to get parish names for searching slaegt.dk

Roland,

Du finder Glücksburg sogn i Nordangeln. Hvis du har yderligere spørgsmål, er du velkommen til at kontakte mig. Giv mig din adresse.
Med venlig hilsen
Uwe

Hi Roland,

you can find the Parishes on meyers gaz (Meyers Orts- und Verkehrslexikon, 1912) it relates to the town and village names from 1871-1918.

Meyers Gazetteer - An online, searchable version with historical maps

Alternative is from comgen. Just put the Name of the town/village in the gap.
GOV :: Das Geschichtliche Orts-Verzeichnis (genealogy.net)

May it help you.

Keep on searching…

Inga

I have a Nielsen born in Siegum according to 1803 Dansk census - |Type|Hrgr.|| — | — |
|BKdo|Flensburg|
|See|Rüde| 1,) So what church would have Siegum records? 2.) what civil records places would have data for Siegum inhabitants?

What church archive would have Nordangeln births baptisms Marriages burials etc.I am a paid member of slaegt.dk, slekt og data norge and ancestry.com usa. I would happy to share,research on any of these for anyone from CompGen.I studied at Univ.Oslo and Goethe Institut 1973-75 and am now relearning the languages from those and later study-adding Spanish the past few years now too.

In the church book office Kappeln you can find the church books from Nordangeln.

Kappeln has all the books of the church districts Schleswig and Flensburg.

You need an appointment.

Email: katja.isaack@kirche-slfl.de
Still questions :genealogie.sh@gmx.de.

a pity I didn’t know about this in 2010 when I visited Glueksburg on a 2 month trip to ancestral places in er Europe!

Ich glaube mein urgrossvater steht in diese copie.
Taufen_1815-1851_Bild158.pdf (721.9 KB)

Hallo Roland,

Siegum/Sygum is located close to Rüde near Glücksburg.

In case your ancestor was lutheran, Glücksburg should be the church for
your research. Lutheran Churchbooks start in 1660.

They are available online via

Choose English Language in upper right corner DE/En

Click Search

Location Glücksburg or Gluecksburg

then you’ll see what is available.

Look under Step by Step how to get access.

Much success
Rolf (Riedel)

That guy emigrated to Australia.
He had two half-brothers in America,
from his father’s second marriage.

See www.rootdigger.de , Emigrants

Greetings,

Klaus Struve, Kiel
(contact via that website above)

I don’t know if Sören Chr. stayed in Australia or left for USA later- my research all points to Sörem immigrating in 1857 getting married in Chicago ,moving to Michigan then Wisconsin where the family settled and multiplied.

I have made great use of Archion’s church records to connect the Nielsen ancestors with their marriage partners and families-thans for your advice!

Roland Dennis Kisling(Kiessling von Sachsen 1866) 2013rdk@gmail.com

I have been gone since Sept '23