Nielsen , Christian 1840 birth

I’m looking for birth and/or baptism records for Christian Nielsen born February 1840 immigrated 1856 to United States

Hello Roland,
do you have any further references to Christian Nielsen. Parents, place of birth, from which country he comes. Are there any other family members.?
Greetings from Donn Heinrich (Sievers)

I’m looking for his birth in the area of Munkbarup/Holnis. He immigrated to the United States in 1856.

Sorry it was Munkbarup Danmark now Germany born February 1840. Other research says his first name was Henning.

Hello Roland,

without any further information it will be difficult to locate the correct Henning Nielsen: Nielsen is the son of Nils/Niels, a patronymic naming pattern. And both Henning and also Nielsen are extremely common in Northern Germany. Whatever hint will be helpful, perhaps a parent’s name in marriage or death certificates?

Regards

Corinna (Wöhrl)

There was a reference to a Peter as his father in some family discussion. I understand the Danish Scandinavian tradition of naming the sons after the father and mother instead of an actual family name. I don’t know who came up with the first name Henning in my research I’ve always used Christian
And the birthplace of Munkbarup -what was the census year for Denmark schleswig in 1840?

Hello Roland,

this is the only Nielsen baptism in Munkbrarup in 1840.

Best Regards,

Klaus

Taufen_1815-1851_Bild158.pdf (722 KB)

Christian is shown in the 1845 census for Munkbrarup.

I’ve seen different references that he was born in February and that was what July for the baptism I have some other notes about a one that was born in Flade Hjorring Tommerup Sign Sjorslev Soro on 25 February does that make sense these are old notes so from 10 years ago so I don’t know I don’t remember the source.