Johann Meinard Lambert Feltmann, born 29 July 1816 in Angelbeck
Johannes Lambertus Feltmann, born 3 August 1819 in Angelbeck

I am also searching for any information on the sons of Johann Gerhard
Willoh and Maria Elisabeth Laker:

Johann Gerhard Willoh, born 9 December 1827 in Angelbeck
Johann Heribert Willoh, born 18 May 1830 in Angelbeck

Many thanks,
Andrew Laker

Löningen, St. Vitus | Vechta, r.k. Offizialatsarchiv | Deutschland | Matricula Online (matricula-online.eu)

Sehr geehrter Herr Laker,

Wenn ich den von Herrn Erich eingestellten Fund zugrunde lege, dann ist zum Einen das von Ihnen angegebene Geburtsdatum von Johann Gerhard mit dem 09.12.1827 falsch, denn im Taufbuch ist als Geburtstag der 09. 01.1827 angegeben und der Tauftag der 12.01.1827. Denn man muss bei Spalteneinträgen stets auch die Spaltenköpfe mit berücksichtigen. Beim 09. ist der Spaltenkopf: „Tag der Geburt“ und beim 12. lautet der Spaltenkopf „Tag der Taufe“

Abgesehen davon ist sowieso noch zweifelhaft, ob der Familienname überhaupt stimmt, denn beim Vater steht

Wenn ich den von Herrn Erich eingestellten Fund zugrunde lege, dann ist zum Einen das von Ihnen angegebene Geburtsdatum von Johann Gerhard mit dem 09.12.1827 falsch, denn im Taufbuch ist als Geburtstag der 09. 01.1827 angegeben und der Tauftag der 12.01.1827. Denn man muss bei Spalteneinträgen stets auch die Spaltenköpfe mit berücksichtigen. Beim 09. ist der Spaltenkopf: „Tag der Geburt“ und beim 12. lautet der Spaltenkopf „Tag der Taufe“

Abgesehen davon ist sowieso noch zweifelhaft, ob der Familienname überhaupt stimmt, denn beim Vater steht als Familienname Wilkuh oder Wilkah, beim Taufpaten ganz eindeutig Johann Bern.[hard] Wilkah. Anders als auf der gleichen Seite links, mit der fortlaufenden Nummer 127, dort heißt es (mit anderen Vornamen!) eindeutig Willoh.

Somit sollten Sie bitte den Familiennamen überprüfen, ob nicht evtl in den bisher vorliegenden Dokumenten ein Lesefehler vorliegt, oder - wenn Willoh stimmt - ob dann andere Vornamen zu suchen sind.

Allzeit viel Forschererfolg wünscht nebst einem schönen Tag

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Alexander Peren

Die willows sind altansässige Familien im Oldenburger Land

Hello all,

Thanks for your input. This is a rather old post from 2012. In the twelve years that have passed since my initial post, I have found much more information on this family. I am confident in the 9 December 1827 birth date for Johann Gerhard Willoh and the spelling of his surname. Several years ago, I located his death record in the St. Vitus church register dated 6 June 1860, which provides his age as 52 years, 5 months and 27 days. His age correlates with the 9 December 1827 birth date (although the priest was off by one day in his age calculation). See Beerdigungen - KB16 | Löningen, St. Vitus | Vechta, r.k. Offizialatsarchiv | Deutschland | Matricula Online

The most exciting thing about this finding - and the reason why I sought assistance in the first place - is that I believed learning more about this man might lead me to find my Laker ancestors’ family farm in Angelbeck. My research paid off. I found that Johann Gerhard Willoh inherited the Laker farm, and it was passed down to the children of his second wife, who herself remarried after Johann Gerhard Willoh died. Miraculously, the farm is still owned and operated by that family, and I have corresponded with the owners. They were aware that the farm was once owned by the Willoh family, but they were surprised to learn its previous history as the Laker farm. I have traced the Laker family in Angelbeck to the mid-1600s in the St. Vitus church book, and various tax registers show a single Laker family consistently living in Angelbeck from 1473 through 1606.

Using the current address of the farm property, it helped me locate a cadastral map from 1838 that shows the combined Laker/Willoh properties in Angelbeck in the exact same location, and that map is now printed and proudly displayed on my wall. It’s impossible to say whether the 1838 map is the exact same plot of land from that first 1473 document, but it’s fun to imagine that it possibly is. You can view a detail of that map here: https://www.roots.beer/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Laker-farm-detail-1838.jpg

If you’re interested in reading more about this research, I’ve written a very long (and probably boring) account of it on my blog: https://www.roots.beer/searching-for-and-finding-the-ancestral-homeplace-in-germany/

All best,
Andrew Laker

1 „Gefällt mir“

P.S. - As for the baptism record of Johann Gerhard Willoh, if you look at the top of the previous page, the priest has written November at the top. On the following page (197), it shows that the child Margaretha Elisabeth Winöbst was born 29 November and baptized 1 December. I think that’s where some of the confusion is about which month Johann Gerhard was born. He was clearly born 9 December and baptized 12 December. The next page (198) begins January 1828. As for why the priest seemingly misspelled the Willoh name, it’s hard to say. Perhaps he’d drank too much of the holy wine, haha! :joy:

Ja, Sie haben Recht. Ich habe mich durch das eingedruckte „Januar“ täuschen lassen. Erst auf der nächsten Seite beginnt der Januar 1828. Entschuldigung.

Allzeit viel Forschererfolg wünscht nebst einem schönen Abend

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Alexander Peren

1 „Gefällt mir“