Burgdorf

Hello to All
I just returned from a visit to my local LDS Library and the County Library. I may have a breakthrough in my search for Julian Wilhelm Burgdorf. The LDS library had in stock a roll of film for Hannover emigration for the years of 1834 - 1913. I found J. W. Burgdorf who emigrated from Hamburg to New Orleans in 1859 with the same information that I have already compiled with one exception - it listed the place of origin. Julius has noted on New Orleans records that he was from Hildeshein in Hanover. The record I just found states that his Place of Origin is Baddekenstadt-Hannover. The volunteer there could not help me locate the town on maps he had. I went to the public library and there on a relativley new map of Germany I found it. It appears to be a small village about 10-15 Kilometers SE of Hildesheim. His occupation is listed on the record as comms, the last letter could be an n, a, e - the type image is blurred. In my data he is listed as a clerk.
I have done nothing yet to pursue my findings. I am open to suggestions. Church records will definitely be a direction as will be civil records. I also requested film that gives emigration records for Hannover for the same years, 1834 - 1913. This may wind up as duplication but the films have different order numbers.
I also hope to look for current telephone numbers.
Max

Max I'll leave it to others to make suggestions but I wanted to say congratulations. You have worked hard in this regard, and justly deserve any rewards that follow. All can learn form those who refuse to quit!

Salute. Jb

Here some addresses:

Burgdorf, Berit - Mobile-Phone: 0170 1485507
  382.. Baddeckenstedt*

Burgdorf, Berit - 05345 493640
  Breslauer Weg 9
  38271 Baddeckenstedt

Burgdorf, Herbert Landw. - 05345 264
  382.. Baddeckenstedt*

Burgdorf, Otto Dipl.Ing. agr. - Phone 05062 8852
  Hildesheimer Str. 6
  38271 Baddeckenstedt

Burgdorf, Wilhelm - 05345 4047
  382.. Baddeckenstedt*

Good luck,
Werner

Hey! The prospector hit gold!! Let's hope it is a large vein.

Good luck Max.

Gale

Hello Max!
        How exciting! I hope this turns out to be the birthplace of your
Julius Burgfdorf! Congratulations! You have worked so hard. Werner
Honkamp gave you the Burgdorf names in Baddeckenstedt. Let's hope that
there is someone there who can help you.
      Meanwhile, I'm going to be doing lots of online searches for Burgdorf
families in Baddeckenstedt.
Barbara

Hi Max,

I don't know if you remember that I wrote to you long ago when you just started your search. I live quite near to Baddeckenstedt and could offer to help you:

a) the church records should be in a town called Sehlde
They have times during the week when the church records can be searched; don't know exactly when at the moment.

b) Asking for civil records at the town hall

c) make phone calls to people by that name in todays Baddeckenstedt.

Let me know , what I should do.
If you want my help, it would be helpful if you would once again send the exact data you have compiled to my home address, then I do not need to go through 1000 emails.

Since I am engaged at the moment in caring for my mom and redecorating our home, It may not be possible to do the research right away, so if somebody else is there to help earlier, this would be fine also.

Erika

Dear Max,

bingo! I think, you've found him.

More information about Baddeckenstedt you find here: www.baddeckenstedt.de

There is information about place and history. You also find some information about the place Burgdorf, which is part of Baddeckenstedt! You should contact one of the mentioned persons listed below in the articles about Burgdorf and Baddeckenstedt to learn more.

Good luck with your further research and kindly regards from Langenhagen, Germany,

Björn