Liebe hannoveraner!

ich bin auf der Suche nach weitere Daten über Catharine Margarethe Vortmann,
geborene Stein in Hildesheim, zwischen 1780 und 1830. Sie ist als
Grossmutter mütterlicherseits bei eine Taufe meine Vormutter genannt worden
in Juli 1820.

mit besten Dank und freundlichem Gruss

David Müldner

Dear Hannoverers,
I speak very little German so I have been using a web based translator at the website
below. I have taken David's email and translated it using the web translator.
How did it do? Does anyone know of a better web translator?
Thanks for your help,
Barney Speckman
Ich spreche sehr kleines Deutsch, damit ich einen Gewebe auf der Basis Übersetzer an
der Website unten benutzt habe. Ich habe die E-Mail von David genommen und habe es
übersetzt, der den Gewebeübersetzer benutzt. Wie hat es gemacht? Weiß jemand von einem
besseren Gewebeübersetzer?

Liebe hannoveraner!
Dear hannoveraner!

ich bin auf der Suche nach weitere Daten über Catharine Margarethe Vortmann,
geborene Stein in Hildesheim, zwischen 1780 und 1830. Sie ist als
Grossmutter mütterlicherseits bei eine Taufe meine Vormutter genannt worden
in Juli 1820.
I am on the search for further data over Catharine Margarethe Vortmann, born stone in
Hildesheim, between 1780 and 1830. it was named as a grandmother mütterlicherseits in a
baptism my before mother in July 1820.

mit besten Dank und freundlichem Gruss
with best thanks to and friendly greeting
David Müldner

Hi Barney:

I can not tell you how well the e-translator worked, but I do have some insight as to how they work. The free ones available on the Web translate words, not sentence structure.

There are others which cost??? (I have no names) and you can install on your computer. They operate much like some of the better spell checkers which offer various suggestions based on the English/American rules of sentence structure, and other languages.

These programs help you write correctly, but can not correctly translate/or material which was not written using proper rules of sentence structure.

At this point, I feel that it just might be simpler to learn the language--if I ever get around to it.

Still fumbling too,

Gale

lol. The results? About what you can expect. If you can get the gist of it, you're ahead of the curve. But tread lightly here, pretty much always. To wit, same paragraph:

I am on the search for further data over Catharine Margarethe Vortmann, born stone in
Hildesheim, between 1780 and 1830.

Not bad. Except Stein ought not be translated in this case. :wink:

it was named as a grandmother m�tterlicherseits in a baptism my before mother in July 1820.

On the other hand, not so good, eh. :slight_smile:

There are a number of similar electronic (artificial intelligence) translators, all with about the same "speed" and smarts. They're certainly better than nothing and will put you in the ballpark generally, but remain far from perfect (as noted above). The best translator is learning sufficient command of the language, or having the right friend. :wink:

Now that said, I'm sure David M�ldner thanks you.

Jb

Cant we switch the topic to translating or something....to stop keep me
hoping I finally get some details on th Stein-family in Hildesheim? That
would be great,

David

Jb,

Thanks for the feedback, any yes better than nothing but not to be trusted with anything that requires exact translation.

Barney