Plettenberg

I have several families that came from Plettenberg about 1840 -Conze, Becker, and Niedersterman they immigrated to Watertown Wisconsin and intermarried with my Kiessling ancestors in Wisconsin. I would like to exchange information with anybody researching these families in Germany and share the families later activities in Wisconsin and the rest of the USA

O.k.!:wink:

image002.jpg

1 „Gefällt mir“

Are you up early there in Germany?

Hi Roland, it is 9 a.m. on our side, but it seems to be late night on your side. :wink:
Have fun!
Frank

Okay so now I know it’s 8 hours difference between us and I can plan my conversations with anybody in Deutschland!

I have to renew and improve my German skill that I obtained at the Goethe Institute in OBB 1974 .
Please accept my apologies for using only English for the time being!

Is there a forum where I can find help for all the different provinces in Germany where my ancestors came from. My ancestors came from West Prussia Slesvig , Westphalia, Saxony, Bavaria, Baden,Brandenburg and perhaps some others in addition to Norway Denmark and Sussex

According to ancestry.com I have 7,000 Plus individuals in my family tree.

Roland,
then first I would propose to join several „categories“ under discourse here at Compgen. E. g.:
„famnord“ for Schleswig (your Slesvig)
„bavaria-l“ for Bayern (your Bavaria)
„sachsen-l“ for Sachsen (your Saxony)
„brandenburg-l“
There might be further more not self-explaining with their names… May others add something!
For Norway, Denmark and Sussex other experts are here or at the overall category „compgen-l“.
For West-Prussia, I would propose to have a look at www.westpreussen.de. This might be not free of charge.
If you need more support let me know. On details about your family tree I suppose not to be of help as I do not know all the names. :wink:
Regards,
Frank

Das Bild wurde vom Absender entfernt.

|

Roland_Kisling
23. April

|

• | - |

I have several families that came from Plettenberg about 1840 -Conze, Becker, and Niedersterman they immigrated to Watertown Wisconsin and intermarried with my Kiessling ancestors in Wisconsin. I would like to exchange information with anybody researching these families in Germany and share the families later activities in Wisconsin and the rest of the USA

Ahnenforschung LUIG-Babilon - Calle NIEDERBERGE.pdf (4.35 MB)

Thanks Frank for your advice I intend to become a paid member of the CompGen if I can figure out the PDF document to send in the money.

Thanks for youir suggestions on joining the groups -I will persue memberships in the groups that provide the relevant information relating to my family names.I may need help on how to find and join specific groups. Sorrry it took me so long to join and get competent in using Compgen.