Good morning everyone,
I am trying to locate the village, county and state of my ancestors from the Mecklenburg. It is recorded in our personal family tree that my grandmother born 1865 and came from Furstenburg, Mecklenburg. Her father born in 1814 is listed as Germany, but his sister is shown as being born in Mceklenburg. I found one site on the internet that Furstenburg was a state, but so is Mecklenburg. What is or was Furstenburg - a village, city or state and what is its relationship to Mecklenburg?
I am researching the following family.
1. CARL CHRISTIAN1 PETERS was born Unknown in Germany, and died Unknown in Germany. He married CHRISTINA RAHN Unknown. She was born June 17, 1784 in Germany, and died November 27, 1870 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Children of CARL PETERS and CHRISTINA RAHN are:
2. i. FREDERICK2 PETERS, b. August 29, 1814, Germany; d. June 02, 1889.
3. ii. CAROLINA PETERS, b. May 20, 1824; d. April 02, 1905.
4. iii. CAROLINA DOROTHY WILHELMINA PETERS, b. August 13, 1826, Mecklenburg, Germany; d. September 26, 1893.
5. iv. SOPHIA PETERS, b. September 24, 1830, Germany; d. October 11, 1906, Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
6. v. CARL PETERS, b. Unknown; d. Unknown.
7. vi. LOUIS PETERS, b. Unknown, Germany; d. Unknown.
8. vii. HENRY PETERS, b. Unknown; d. April 01, 1906, Mecklenburg, Germany.
viii. ALBERTINA PETERS, b. Unknown; d. Unknown; m. UNKNOWN KLIBZ, Unknown; b. Unknown; d. Unknown.
ix. WILHELM PETERS, b. Unknown; d. Unknown.
9. x. AMADEUS PETERS, b. Unknown; d. Unknown.
2. FREDERICK2 PETERS (CARL CHRISTIAN1) was born August 29, 1814 in Germany, and died June 02, 1889. He married (2) EMILIE WEGERT (date unknown). She was born September 19, 1833, and died October 09, 1865. He married (1) SOPHIA SCHROEDER May 03, 1868 in Lubz, Germany. She was born March 11, 1839, and died September 07, 1893 in Furstenburg, Germany.
Children of FREDERICK PETERS and EMILIE WEGERT are:
ii. FRANZ ALEXANDER HERMAN3 PETERS, b. March 06, 1853, Furstenburg, Germany; d. April 1876.
More About FRANZ ALEXANDER HERMAN PETERS:
Cause of Death: Pneumonia and infection caused by broken leg
iii. MARTIN CARL FREDERICK PETERS, b. June 14, 1854, Furstenburg, Germany; d. 1943; m. (1) LOUISE FREDERICKA CAROLINA GEBIL, January 1879, Penzlin, Germany; b. May 14, 1853, Liepin, Germany; d. March 07, 1890; m. (2) BARBARA SCHMIDT, September 1905; b. December 14, 1860; d. January 06, 1913, Wisconsin.
More About MARTIN CARL FREDERICK PETERS:
Cemetery: Union Cemetery, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
More About LOUISE FREDERICKA CAROLINA GEBIL:
Cause of Death: Consumption
Occupation: June 30, 1890, Add'l Death Date
More About BARBARA SCHMIDT:
Cause of Death: Chronic heart condition
iv. CAROLINA JOHANNA AUGUSTA PETERS, b. August 08, 1855; d. Unknown; m. ADOLPH VOIGT, July 10, 1877; b. August 24, 1854; d. December 22, 1934.
More About ADOLPH VOIGT:
Cause of Death: Stroke
v. HERMAN CONRAD CARL HEINRICK PETERS, b. January 10, 1860; d. February 07, 1860.
vi. EMMY AUGUSTA WILHELMINA JOHANNA PETERS, b. March 11, 1865, Furstenburg Mecklenburg, Germany1; d. March 17, 1914, Milwaukee, Wisconsin1; m. OTTO ALBERT VOIGT, August 28, 1891, Milwaukee, Wisconsin2; b. October 04, 1850, Kolberg, Korlin; d. December 19, 1912, Milwaukee, Wisconsin3.
My grandmother is Emmy Peters. Emmy and her brother Martin Carl and three of his children came to the United States in 1891.
Any info is greatly appreciated and locating a relative is even better!
Susan (Voigt) Bauer
1528 Park View Lane
Port Washington, WI 53074