Opinion wanted!

Hello Friends,

I hope you all had nice holidays and are ready to get going with a new "spirit" to demolish
the well known "brick walls" we all have with our researches..

Many of you will remember, about a couple years ago when we started a new forum and everyone was
quite excited about it and it was growing rapidly for a while..
But after some time the interest declined quite a bit and there were hardly any visitors
and contributions anymore. Even without any participation from our members,
I was kept busy with removing the increasing spam load on a daily basis and I when I closed
the forum, hardly anyone noticed it..

The internet keeps changing rapidly and in order to stay up-to-date,
we steadily have to modernize our websites and mailing lists.

Now I want your opinion if it makes sense to add Facebook to our website in order
to connect our mailing lists, websites and Facebook to one unit..
Some of you even might prefer to use Facebook instead of the mailing lists..

I don't know too much about Facebook yet, is there anyone out there to give me a hand (or two)
to get things started orderly ??

I made a rough layout, but without too much content yet..
Please take look: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Germanyroots/172223792891820

Have a nice long weekend and, please, let me know what you think about it..

Wolf [Zscheile]

Wolf, I am not a fan of Facebook (and yet I am on there All the time) and I think that if we already know what we all know (visiting the same sites and the same people on them), the only place to get new information is perhaps from the young people who might get the bug and share what they can find in their families. So while Facebook can be very difficult to backtrack and find anything you saw a few days ago (or you're out of town and miss a number of days), I say we should go for it. If possible, be sure to have that search box that some sites have.

I like the look of this site -- would it have the travel and leisure part?

Thanks for all of your devotion to helping us find our roots.

Nancy

Wolf,
Being a gentleman of a certain age, I prefer the mailing list, however I do use Facebook and it has been a source of information on a line of my family of which I had no prior knowledge. I think you are right to add Facebook.
Bill Hawk

Of course, Joe, NOBODY is talking about moving anything !!!
If we go with Facebook this would be just an addition to the mailing lists.

Wolf

I would not use a facebook connection. I prefer the BB/mailing list outlet.

Joe Z

I like the mailing list.

Martha Findley
mfind44923@aol.com

I love the idea of adding a FACEBOOK component.

My vote would be no! I do not use face book for personal reasons, there is way to much misinformation on it.