Engelke

Hiya,

I think I remember seeing the surname Engelke posted on the board.

Came across a news tidbit so I thought I'd post.

Edwardsville Examiner 2/23/1916

WORDEN HAS DEATH

The funeral Worden Friday afternoon at 1 o'clock of Mrs. Fred Meyer, will mark the passing of one of the oldest and best known residents of the east side of the county. She had lived in the vicinity of Worden and and Allhambra for over half a century.

Mrs. Meyer died at the home of a daughter in Worden Moneday evening at the age of 74 years, 3 months and 7 days. She suffered from a complication of diseases. The funeral will be held from the family residence and interment will be in Worden.

Mrs Meyer was a sister of Louis Brave, Sr., of Edwardsville. Mr. Brave is now the the only surviver of a large family of brothers and sisters.

Mrs. Meyers's huusband died eight years ago. She is survived by six daughters and four sons. They are: Mrs. Bein, Mrs. Sophia Pieper and Mrs. Emma Engelke, Worden; Mrs. Louis Schallenberg, New Douglas; Mrs. Anna Henke, DeCamp and Mrs. Lena Pieper, Strassburg, thiis state, and Henry Meyer of Kansas, Martin Meyer of Oklahoma; Fred Meyer, of Altman, this state and William Meier, of Allhambra.

Edwardsville Examiner 7/10/1936

SURPRIZE PARTY

Relatives gave a surprise parton on Sunday evening for Mrs. Emma Engelke at her home in honor of her birthday anniversery. A luncheon was served. Those present wre: Mr. and Mrs Fred Behrendt and daughters Helen, Jeanette and Ruth of Edwardsville, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Pieper and family of Strasburg, Mr. and Mrs Wm. Hering and sons Paul and Melvin of Hamel, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Albrecht and son Victor and duaghter Miss Bernice, Mr. and Mrs. Fed Engelke and son Paul and daughter Lorrane and Gustave Engelke of Worden.

Yes indeed. Thanks for the information but unfortunately I don't think this
is a to my Engelke branch from Rethem.

Hiya,

I think I remember seeing the surname Engelke posted on the board.

I list many Engelkes, mainly from Norbert Bauerschaper.

Bob Doerr in the beautiful Missouri Ozarks

Hello,

Hello,

I had cone across the news tidbits because I have a Pieper line in my family who lived in Madison County, Illinois from Worden, Omniphant?, and later Edwardsville.

I remembered seeing Engelke on the list. Also seems like I hve seen the surnames of Engelke, Berendt and Meyer in St. Louis, Mo. and Edwardsville, Illinois not a great distance from St. Louis,..

I thought what the heck... maybe will be of interest to someone.

Barbie
St. Louis