184th General Hospital at WWII

I found a passenger list of the Qeen Mary, arrival New York 9.Nov.1945.

Unit Designation: 184th General Hospital, Stat. Code UBU

This list list included:
- Honkomp Margaret M. (32), Rank 1st Lt, ASR 55, ASN N-733977, Arm on Service ANC

Can anybody explain me the list?

Thank you,
Werner

My mother, Dorothy L. Smith, was an Army nurse assigned to the 184th General Hospital. She was a passenger on the Queen Mary, leaving England Nov 4th, 1945 and arriving in NYC on Nov 9th. This is a passage from her memoirs: "It was October before we received orders to report to a staging area to prepare for departure home. As soon as I got my orders, I sent a telegram to Mother telling her that I would be leaving England on the Queen Mary on November 4th. The Queen Mary was converted into a troop transport ship. Our cabin, originally designed for two passengers, had three sets of triple bunks, nine women to a room. Needless to say, it was crowded. We had to keep all of our every day necessities on our bed and the rest rolled up in our bedroll. I had the top bunk, which was good for me because I am not too tall; otherwise one could not sit up. It only took four days to cross the Atlantic going home, whereas it took fourteen days to cross from the US to England a year and a half earlier.

It was a marvelous ship with elevators and lovely living rooms. It was most exciting entering New York harbor. We were greeted by welcoming boats with orchestras playing “Sentimental Journey”, and with the flags flying and people singing and welcome banners waving."